Anne writes lovely precise poetry whose words pierce and linger. Perfect for reading and reflection.
The rules to this award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
Thank you Anne for the nomination and thank you for allowing me to find your inspirations in poetry.
2. Post the image on your blog.
3. Share seven things about yourself.
- I’m a frustrated scientist who can’t understand physics. It’s true. I love the “why” but can’t do the math, so I remain unschooled in the calculus, and hateful of algebra.
- I once drank beer and shot pool with former U.S. Poet Laureate, Billy Collins whose wry poems wound and heal. And wrote him a tribute poem, which I cannot find. (Maybe now, just now, writing this…I remember one other place to look?)
- I’d love to fly like a bird. My family had a plane and I learned to take off and land, but not much more–got too interested in boys.
- I’m a birdwatcher. Loving my feathered friends, whom I watch as they swoop, flit and soar outside my windows. When the hawk kills, I’m excited and repulsed at the same time.
- As a singer, I’m a wanna be. I studied voice and was too afraid to try for a performance career, and now wonder if I could have done it. I still love to sing. And have found freedom in letting my voice free. And in my career as a marketing consultant, have benefited from all the years of voice lessons-I can pitch an idea with the best of them.
- Because I’m somewhat narcissistic, I dream of being in the spotlight (see my revelation above–and you’ll understand why.)
- The mountains of western North Carolina are my spiritual home. I breathe easier there. Feel more free and more myself when I can smell the must of the decaying leaves in the damp woods.
Favourite day would be: A day spent on a nature walk in the mountains followed by dinner that I prepare and serve with luscious wines to my dearest friends and a few new-comers–just to keep us off balance–and during which we have lovely conversation that veers from spiritual topics to those of science.
4. Pass the award to five blogs you enjoy.